WEEK OF APRIL 17, 2017:
- The Brass Ensemble will meet again on Monday, April 24, at 11:45 AM. Please be sure your calendars are marked for your performance at Lincoln Square on May 10.
- We have a full New Horizons Band outreach program at Oriole Park Elementary School this Friday, the 21st. The performance begins at 2:15, so be there by 1:15 to set up and warm up. If you have not signed up but find that you are available to play, please let Nancy know A.S.A.P.
- The currant list of the places where we leave posters is on the back table. Please scan this list to see if there are any other places we should add to the list. Just write the name of your suggestions on the list. Also, if any members frequent VFW halls where they could put up a poster, please put that hall name AND YOUR name on the appropriate sheet on the back table. Posters will be available for distribution starting next Monday, April 24.
- Here’s your one opportunity this season to make sure that your friends and family receive mailings of our activities. Everyone is invited to turn in names, mailing addresses and emails (if available). Sheets are on the back table to record the information or you can just email Della your list. Some of you updated your list last spring and you can check with Lynn or Della if you’re not sure you sent a revised list then.
- On Monday, April 24, we will be having the work bee for the upcoming concert post card mailing. Because the Brass Ensemble will be rehearsing, we need non-brass players to help us this time – or brass players not playing in the ensemble.
- Look next Monday on a back table for the listing of names that may be deleted from our mailing list. Please look through them and if any are your people, write your last name next to it and we won’t delete them.
- On Monday, May 15, we will be rehearsing for the concert in the sanctuary and not using Bengert Hall at all. There will be a change of schedule to provide individual band rehearsal AND combined rehearsal. We will have our break coffee and snacks on the kitchen ledge by the storeroom. Stay tuned for more information.
- Are you saving your D & W ad Family Fare grocery receipts? The box to place them in will be on the back table. Help us to raise some funds!