WEEK OF OCTOBER 25, 20with reminders about masking – please be sure to wear a mask into the building prior to playing, at break and when rehearsal is over. These guidelines go for all outreach events, too.
2. A reminder: only solid Manhasset-like stands are to be used for outreach events. Make sure you have one prior to the next event for your ensemble. Also, Monday people: pay attention to names on stands during rehearsals so you’re not borrowing one from someone who is in the same ensemble and will need it.
3. FOR THE BEACON HILL PERFORMANCE ON OCTOBER 26 – We have been instructed that only musicians may attend, none of our family or friends may be included. If you did not pick up a Covid-19 Visitor Screening form at rehearsal on Monday there will be some at Beacon Hill. Be sure to have yours filled out and with you. It is your “ticket” to get into the building to participate. ALSO: Check your email Tuesday afternoon to be sure the event hasn’t been cancelled due to Covid concerns.
4. Clark Retirement has cancelled the New Horizons Band’s outreach event on Nov. 10 due to an uptick in Covid numbers. We will try to reschedule for next semester.
5. Our German Band had a very successful series of concerts this October. Go to our website and check out Della’s fantastic pictures of the German Band. They’re listed under “Media – Photos.”
6. If you’ve noticed flickering or burnt out lights in Bengert, the church is aware of the problem. Unfortunately, a “hi-low” machine is required to change the bulbs and the one they usually borrow is not available yet.
7. Della will be placing an order for jackets and hats with our logo. Forms to order are on the table. The deadline to giver her the form AND a check is Monday, Nov. 8.
8. Have you got a stack of D & W or Family Fare receipts at home? We are $3000 dollars in receipts away from getting a $1,000 donation from SpartanNash. PLEASE bring in your receipts weekly so we can wrap this up by……Thanksgiving?
9. We have just learned that WMNHME has received a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts and the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs in the amount of $16,500! Hooray!
10. Contact Information cards were distributed on Monday. If you were not at rehearsal, look for them on the table the next time you are there. REMINDER: you now need to add the 616 area code to these phone numbers!
11. We are looking for advertisers for our Christmas and spring concert programs. Forms will be on the table.
12. The coffee kitty needs donations even if you are not drinking coffee. It is also used for paper products, etc.
13. We need some folks to arrive early to set up chairs for rehearsals – 9 AM or so. Thank you!